8.21.2008

what a week!

Holy wowzers.  Okay, so the past 10 days have been absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y!!!  We ended up making a totally impromptu decision last Monday (August 11th) to pack up and leave Albuquerque a few weeks earlier than originally planned. Sales had taken a dive, we'd just purchased a home (with Dad's help), Ross' brother Chris was graduating, and it was my mom's birthday later on in the week, so it wasn't like we didn't think things out first... and now we're VERY happy about the decision.  So, after making the decision Monday, we packed all day Tuesday and were out of the apartment by 7:15 Wednesday morning.  After stopping for a Cracker Barrel breakfast, we hit the road and pulled into my parent's driveway in Alpine, Utah by 6 pm.  We spent the rest of the week hanging with family (it worked out perfectly because Ross' parents were in town for Chris' graduation) and we waited to be approved to live in the community where we'd bought our house up in Rexburg.  They do background checks and contact the referrals we put on the application, so it takes a couple days.  Anyway, it was a fun time for us to just relax and be with family.  We weren't expecting to hear anything back from the community until this last Tuesday or Wednesday, but we packed everything up on Monday to have it ready just in case:)  Well, I guess I should say that I worked mostly with my parents and Theresa, Ross' mom, to pack up since Ross woke up around 4:30 am with the stomach flu.  He helped us organize some things as we packed them, but the poor guy just wasn't doing well that day.  Our hard work paid off though, because we got a call from the community manager on Tuesday morning saying that we were good to go!  We finished up a few last-minute odds and ends, and we hit the road!  Mom and I got to our new place just before Ross and Dad pulled up with the horse trailer (yes folks, we packed all of our belongings into my dad's clean, scrubbed out horse trailer, AND we live in a trailer park... no worries, I have pictures:)).   Two guys showed up 5 minutes after we started unloading, offering to help us unload and mentioning that they're our neighbors and that we'll all be in the same ward.  Within an hour, we had EVERYTHING unloaded!  It was fantastic!  Unfortunately, mom and dad had to head back home as soon as they could, so my hopes of having my mother's ever-efficient help were shattered.  We hugged, they left, and the unpacking began!  To make a long story short, I'll just say that we've been working hard for 2 days and we STILL have a lot to do.  Oh yeah, I guess we were set back a day because I woke up yesterday morning with the same stomach flu that Ross had on Monday, so I was down for the count.  I'm still feeling a little weak from a complete lack of nutrients, but I'm feeling MUCH better than yesterday.  Thank goodness those things only last 24 hours.  

So, there ya go.  That's what our life has been in the last week and a half.  Once we get things a little more organized, I'll get some pictures up.  For now, just imagine LOTS and LOTS of BOXES... 

But really, life is good:)

*T      

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hey Triest!! This is your cousin Cierra Van Leeuwen now im on my roommates account thing she helped me find your page. I'm glad you got up here ok. Just wanted to say I met your family and my family told me to come meet you. I dont have a car nor do any of my roommates. If u want to come by i live in the Perkins dorms number 203. We have lots going on tomorrow but it would be really nice to meet u some time. Hope to meet u soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Triest! I found your blog on Angela's blog so now we can be blogging buddies! Sounds like life is good for you and your hubby! I'm so glad! Glad we can keep in touch! Amber Sessions

Maddy said...

you need to do an update pronto!!

Lenore said...

uhhh, love the blog, but it's been like, 10 years since you've updated! You have fans, you know!

Paulo said...

He went to credit directing, and could get his leasers to diminish his installments. He could land a second position, and by rationing and compromising he could escape obligation. Be that as it may, his FICO assessment had taken a shocking beating. He had battled a long hard quarrel for over three years, yet they left it. cash advance san-diego