1.15.2009

Music to our Ears!

Soooo, we FINALLY got to hear our beautiful baby's heartbeat!  We went in for my second OB visit on Tuesday, which I have been anxiously awaiting since the last visit when we weren't able to hear a darn thing.  My doctor is in Idaho Falls, which seems silly since there are so many great doctors in Rexburg, but I've known my doctor for about 5 years now and he and his wife were basically like surrogate parents to me.  Dr.Christensen's daughter, Susan, was one of my roommates and best friends, so we spent quite a bit of time at her parents house while we were in school.  So needless to say, when Ross and I found out we were pregnant, my first choice for a doctor was Dr.C :)

Back to the reason for this post... it took Dr.C about 4 seconds to find the heartbeat, and when he did, it was INCREDIBLE!  I felt like I was floating in mid air, almost like I was having an out of body experience.  I realized, as I was listening to this beautiful heartbeat, that I am fulfilling a HUGE part of my life and that I have wanted this for such a long time!  I have a while to go still (I'll be 16 weeks along on Saturday), but this was the first real evidence we've had that this baby is inside of me.  I looked at Ross as we listened to this sweet sound of our baby's heart, and we both had tears in our eyes.  Dr.C said that the baby sounds strong and that I'm growing on schedule, so everything is looking great.  I also made my ultrasound appointment for February 2nd, so we'll know in just a few short weeks if it's a boy or girl!  I am so STINKIN excited that I can hardly stand it!  I really do feel like it's a girl, but we are just so happy to have this baby that we'll take either a boy or girl.  We'll just have this one ultrasound, so I'm excited to see what this baby looks like.  I know you can't really tell what the baby looks like at the 18-week ultrasound, but it'll be so fun to just SEE it.  Man, I can't WAIT!!!

Other than baby stuff, life is goin for us.  Ross is busy with school and work, and I finally acquired some students for my voice studio.  I hoped to be substitute teaching more often, but school just started again and I don't think a lot of teachers are needing subs right now.  But we have so many things to be grateful for!  We are blessed beyond measure, and we really can't wait for July to roll around:)  Here in the cold, frozen tundra of Rexburg, life really is good... 

*T      


6 comments:

Jessica :) said...

I am so excited for you!! I can just imagine that the moment you finally get to hear your baby's heart beat is just inspiring and powerful! That is great! Definitely keep us posted! (we should do something sometime)

Melinda said...

Ooohh! I love that excitement of the first real, physical confirmation! Just wait until you can feel him/her! It's one of the most absolutely incredible things you can feel. I'm so excited for you! I'm glad to hear you've been able to get students. Cool!

Courtney said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see your cute belly.

Javid Family said...

Oh! I am so excited for you two! It is way fun to hear the heartbeat, especially for the first time! As for our baby girl...it's getting to the point where there is not enough room for the both of us in me! But only a few short weeks and she will here! Ahh, crazy! It really does go fast guys! So enjoy the process!

Angela said...

yeah for the heart beat! Just wait until you feel your baby...that is awesome! Good luck with everything. And a 30 minute drive isn't bad when you are in labor so don't worry about that...we have done 45 minutes twice. Enjoy it all!

Maddy said...

your baby bubble thing in the corner looks a little alien-esque right now. Eek... :) YAY for babies! Specifically baby girls.