2.03.2009

Moment of Truth!

Well, as many of you know, yesterday was a BIG day for us.  My parents came up from Utah on Sunday, we ate some yummy food and watched a lil' football, and although I took a Unisom (doctor prescribed for the nausea) at midnight on Sunday, I was awake at 6:30 yesterday morning.  I was so excited to finally find out what was going on with my little butter bean that I was like a kid on Christmas morning!  After breakfast with mom and dad, we did a little grocery shopping and restocked the pantry (which was awesome, parentals!  THANK YOU!).  I was giddier with every passing hour (waiting til my 3 pm appointment was not easy!), and I don't know if I've ever been so insistent to leave so EARLY for an appointment.  And to test my patience even more, the ultrasound technician had to take an emergency patient who showed up in the ER and we had to wait another hour before she could see us (which was okay because we didn't exactly have an emergency).  Our technician, Jessica, was awesome and she really knew her stuff!  It amazed all of us when she pointed out Baby's kidneys, the four chambers of the heart, the two halves of the brain... incredible stuff!  And then came the moment of truth... Jessica stood up and, using the little wand thing like a microphone, smiled and said... 

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

I could NOT believe it!  I really thought I was having a little girl!  It seriously took me a while to wrap my head around it, but we are SO EXCITED!   We could not be happier to have little Gabriel Ross on the way.  I was actually relieved to see him wiggling around so much because I haven't felt him move since last week.  In fact, he was so active that it took the tech longer than normal to get a reading of his heartbeat just because he wouldn't sit still!  He was kicking, waving, and rolling around all over the place.  It was such a neat experience to see him.  And the interesting thing was that I had a Braxton Hicks contraction during the ultrasound and we could SEE the contraction!  Like I said, Jessica was awesome.  Not only could she see every little thing, but she explained it to us and showed us exactly what we were supposed to be seeing.  Right now, Gabe is about 5 inches long and weighs 8 ounces... so he's got QUITE a bit of growing to do:)  And Jessica said that his growth shows a due date of July 3rd.  So there's a possibility that we could have an Independence Day baby!  We'll just have to see what happens!

Other than that, I had my first lesson with another voice student and got a referral today for someone looking for a voice teacher.  And I'll be substituting for the next 2 days at the middle school, so I'm staying busy!  Ross is, of course, busier than ever and just trying to stay on top of it all.  He finally admitted that he secretly wanted a boy all along, so although he's a busy man, he's excited to have a son!  

Life is great!

*T

4 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Congratulations to the both of you! That is so exciting! I'm glad you had a good technician and that the ultrasound went well. I'm so excited for you!

Breanne said...

congratulations! very exciting stuff! aubrey is gonna have another boyfriend. (:

{B}dreamy said...

Congratulations and yay for boys!!! *B

Lara said...

YAY FOR THE BOYS!!! we're so so so excited for another little boy cousin and nephew!! Caders and Gabe will be best buddies! (ross is a little stinker.. secretly wishing for a boy..) haha jk! we love you guys! keep us updated on everything!!