5.11.2009

a lil' glimpse of Indy

Ross got a new camera for his birthday (thanks padres!), so we finally have some quality pictures.  Our other camera was just about to give up the ghost, so we are loving this new one!  Mom ordered it online and it came just before Ross left for Alaska.  It was PERFECT timing because Ross took some amazing pictures during his 2 weeks on tour.  And now we're able to document our new life here in Indy, which will be OH SO IMPORTANT once Gabey comes:)

Adenture #1: Chuck E Cheese lunch with all the technicians.  Now I know why our parents never took us to this place growing up... it is TOTALLY overpriced and the food isn't even that good!  But the boys sure had fun playing the games and taking pictures with Big C:)  


 
This is Chris (Ross' brother) and his sweet glasses.  Hiram, the lead tech, gave everybody 10 tokens as we came in.  Whoever played the games and got the most tickets from those 10 tokens got to cash in EVERYBODY'S tickets for a big prize.  Chris won the competition and decided to go with these amazing straw glasses and a big bag of cotton candy.  All for only 700 tickets... like I said, overpriced.  



Me and Gabey at 32 weeks... only 8 weeks to go!  Ross bought me the dress as part of my Mother's Day gift, so I just had to wear it to church!  When I woke up that morning, he had made the same DELICIOUS strawberry and ricotta cheese crepes that he made me for Valentine's Day.  There was a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me on the kitchen table, and then he surprised me with a fun new summer bag, 2 CD's, and 2 Mother's Day cards... one was from my sweet hubby (it made me cry), and the other was from Baby Gabey (whose handwriting looks an awful lot like Ross' handwriting... and it still made me cry!).  I have the most wonderful husband ever.  He is SO GOOD TO ME!


 
The view from our balcony is awesome!  Ross took this just after the sun had gone down. 



This is our view of the sun setting over the lake behind our complex.  We have several geese, a cute pair of ducks, and a crane that hang out right by our apartment.  One pair of geese has 3 fuzzy little goslings that have hatched since we've been here and they are so stinkin' cute!  The parents aren't very nice, but the goslings are fun to watch:)


I'll hopefully get Ross to write all about Alaska sometime soon.  He's at his 2nd install for the day, which is SPLENDID, and we hope he stays busy this week!  Working as a tech is a lot less stressful for him than selling, and although he's had some late nights (and will continue to have late nights), as a whole he's able to spend more time at home.  It's been great spending time together, but it will be a HUGE blessing to have him home once Gabey's here.  And from the sound of it, we'll have lots of help!  In his first month of life, he'll get to meet his Grammy and Poppy Van Leeuwen, Aunt Maddy, Grandma and Grandpa Graham and Aunt Julia, Uncle Chris, Aunt Lara and cousin Caden.  The more the merrier, so let us know if you're in Indy!

Life is great, the weather is beautiful, the birds are singing, and the trees are green.  That's all we could ask for!!!

*T     

4 comments:

Maddy said...

at least the gosslings are friendly!

Jenny Ramsey said...

chuck e. cheese is the root of all evil. i avoid it at all costs.
the view from the apt. is gorgeous!! i'm sure you are enjoying it there. enjoy these last 8 weeks, can't wait to see little gabe!!

Lara said...

wow, those pictures are great! i can't believe you only have eight weeks left! its gone by so quick! and seriously... you look so good for how far along you are. I was popping EVERYWHERE!! we miss you guys tons! can't wait to see you!

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Triest,
Hey, I'm so glad to have you in my neck of the woods:) I feel so far away from everybody so I am glad to have you somewhat close!! I will probably be in Indiana the last week in July so we should get together and then I can meet little baby Gabe!! Which by the way you look fabulous!! Love ya!!