3.28.2010

my sweetness

It's taken me just a few months to figure out how to upload more than 5 pics at a time, but now that I've got the hang of it, ya'll have to suffer through my picture overload:) I LOVE this boy. He has stolen my heart time and time again, and his smile makes my day (as I'm sure you'll understand when you see these pictures). I recently read a blog written by a mom I don't know. Her 3rd son was diagnosed with cancer when he was 6 months old. They noticed that he wouldn't move in certain ways, and he always got fussy during tummy time. They found out that he had a tumor growing on his spine, and it had branched out into the nerves around his vertebrae. During the last weeks of his life, all they could do was make him comfortable. They decided to take him home to spend time together as a family, and he gently passed away in their arms soon after. As I read this mom's blog, I cried. Hard. There are days when I get frustrated with my son, especially as he's teething and going through a "mommy" phase. Yet as this mom talked about her baby boy teaching lessons of love and blessing everyone who knew him, I realized that I need to truly cherish this time I have with my son. Once he hits a certain age, he'll never have another "mommy" phase again. He won't let me squeeze his little cheeks or tickle his chubby legs. I won't be able to hold him as he falls asleep in my arms. These are things that I do every day now, and I don't want to take them for granted. He loves his mommy and daddy, and we love him with everything we've got. He gives the best hugs, he's crawling EVERYWHERE, he's got a goofy personality, and his smile is contagious. See for yourself...





He seems worried for some reason... I'm not sure why.



CHUB!


He puts everything in his mouth.


This is Mr.Bedhead. I LOVE this face!



Bonding time for Daddy and Gabey.


Another face I love.



Gabey loves chewing on wrappers. Is this normal?



I don't even know what this face is, but it's funny!

I love Gabriel. He gives me purpose in this life and he helps me to be a better person. I don't take him for granted, and I love being his mommy. He is one of the greatest blessings in my life, and I thank Heavenly Father every day that I have a strong, healthy, goofy son. Life is good:)
*T

3 comments:

Lara said...

he is the sweetest little boy. it is all too true. he won't be your little baby forever, it is sad to think about the future and your child growing up.. it makes me cry every now and then. we all need to cherish every moment with our kids. i love mr gabey. i can't wait for you guys to live so much closer!

Jenny Ramsey said...

what a cutie pie!! and yes, chewing on wrappers is normal. if he actually chews on a teething ring...that's why i'd worry. ;)

Giulia said...

Triest, your boy is so handsome!!!
I haven't visited your blog in a while and...oh my goodness he is SOOO big!!! You guys make a beautiful family!
PS. Ogni tanto gli parli in italiano al tuo piccolino? :) o forse spagnolo? o frnacese??? Wow...ci sono tante lingue nella tua famiglia!! :) ciao e a presto!