2.16.2011

a cute boy, a birthday present, and some fish

I feel like my life really isn't all that interesting to blog about. We stay busy, but it's the everyday stuff... Ross goes to work, Gabe and I play and read books and I try to teach him how to clean up his ENDLESS messes, I do some work for my dad and (try to) keep the house in order, and when Ross comes home we eat dinner and try to catch up on Modern Family. I know people who have kids blog about their kids, but I don't want to be one of 'those moms' that can only talk about the amazing achievements of her offspring. Don't get me wrong... Gabe is pretty much the most amazing kid I know and I love talking about him, but I can keep a conversation going without talking about him.

Anyway, our 2011 has been interesting so far. We've either been sick or, well, sick, and I finally had my tonsils out in January (I did NOT enjoy my birthday this year... it was spent in bed and in PAIN!). I can easily say that it was the WORST thing I've ever gone through. It's been almost 4 weeks since the surgery and I'm still not 100%. In fact, the doc says I'm a week behind most patients, with is due in part to my age. It's not an easy recovery for anyone, let alone a 27 year old (the recovery usually takes longer if you're not a kid). I still can't yawn or take more than 2-3 swallows of water at a time, but at least I can eat and talk, both of which were very difficult for a good 2 weeks. The doc accidentally knicked my uvula during the surgery and it's still swollen, but at least he didn't accidentally remove that too :) Ross has a severe sinus infection that spread to his ear (he spent Valentine's Day in bed sipping chamomile tea), and Gabe is recovering from a nasty virus that turned into a deep, lingering cough. And amidst all the germs, I've caught a yucky cold and am thinking of buying stock in Kleenex. We've gone through so many tissues in the last month, it's unbelievable. However, today was gorgeous and almost 60 degrees, and I did some deep cleaning and had all the windows open to air everything out. Hopefully the germs are gone and we can recover! I've never been so ready for Spring! We just need to move to Jamaica. That would solve all our health problems...

And now, on to the part most of you are probably looking for anyway: pictures! It's okay, I realize that most people don't read my ramblings and just look for the good stuff. So here it is...


Our old bookshelf was literally falling apart, so Ross got me a new one for my birthday. Thank you babes! I love it!


Gabe has 2 new roommates, Benny and Joon. Aren't they cute?!

What mom doesn't have a picture of a spaghetti-covered child? We had to scrub him to get the orange stain off his skin, but he loved making a mess.


Look at that face. Pure joy.


I let Gabe play one morning while I made breakfast, but realized I hadn't heard him for several minutes (doesn't your heart drop when that happens?). I walked into our bedroom and he was hanging out on our bed, playing the Animal Sounds game on my phone. Kids these days... technology is in their blood!


And again, a few minutes later. Still gaming...


Look at that cute face. This was right before bathtime, and he was just chillin on the recliner. I love those juicy little lips!
Time to take some Nyquil and read Vampire Academy:) I figure it was just a matter of time before my sister beat me over the head to get me to start reading them... (love you sizzle!).
*T


3 comments:

Maddy said...

i read all the ramblings!!

i can't believe you're not all the way healed yet. I am and I had a BABY :) haha

I love the bookshelf, it looks great and helps organize things, huh? It's one of the few things we're not selling when we move. I'm glad you got it!

YAY FOR VAMPIRE ACADEMY. finally...

Love you!

Maddy said...

i forgot 2 things: gabe is so cute in these pictures!!! and it's amazing how they just know how to work technology. I'm typing this as Britton is playing on the Wii making a new Mii character. It's really ugly, but how does he just know how to do that?!

Jessica :) said...

It's fun to see an update! I did read everything you had written. Love all the ramblings and the photos! :)
I can't believe how grown up Gabe is getting. Time just flies by.
I'm so sorry you guys have been so sick! I really hope you all get feeling better quick and you can go back to enjoying life in full health!