11.20.2008

this is why we're smiling...

So if any of you read my sister's blog, which a billion of you do, you already know why we're smiling.  Yes, we have a bazillion reasons to smile, but we've been smiling even MORE lately!  We found out that this summer will be the summer of our lives, starting around the beginning of July... cuz we're having a baby!  WAHOO!!  We weren't going to really start telling people until after Christmas, but it seems like the word has gotten out.  I'm still in the "danger zone" of the first trimester (I'm about 7 weeks along so far... I think), but I'm feeling good and Ross and I are confident that all will be well with this little baby growing inside of me.  The only times I ever really get sick are when I get too hungry or when I get stressed out.  I was promoted to the Accounting Team at the Law Firm I've been working at, but I was mostly dealing with angry people who wanted to cancel their cases with us.  I had a guy tell me to shut up yesterday when I was trying to explain some things to him, and then he continued to cuss me out and drop the F bomb a LOT during our conversation, even after I asked him not to.  Needless to say, yesterday was my last day on that team.  I requested to move back to the Reinstate Team, which is where I was before being "promoted" to Accounting.  

ANYWAY, Ross and I are ecstatic!  We are hoping for a little girl, but what's most important is that the baby is healthy... boy or girl.  So far, I think my due date is between July 5th-9th.  My first doctor's visit isn't until December 16th, and by then I think I'll almost be done with my first trimester.  And like I said earlier, I'm still in a bit of a danger zone because it's so early in the pregnancy, but we're staying confident and optimistic that the Lord will bless us with a pure, beautiful baby this summer.  And the best part about it is that Ross will be out of school for the summer and he'll just be working.  His stress level won't be quite so high and he'll be at home more often, which is a BIG PLUS all around.  

So there it is... I'm pregnant!!!  Yippee!!!  Now we just have to wait for July to roll around... 

*T

14 comments:

Lorel said...

Yay! That is so exciting! Congratulations Chessss!!!! I'm glad you are feeling good so far... I hope it keeps up!

{B}dreamy said...

Huzzah and congratulations much! *B

Jessica :) said...

Congrats! I do hope everything keeps going well and that you keep feeling good!

The Gunder's from Down Under said...

OH MY GOSH contratulations!!! That is so exciting!!! I'm jealous! I may be back in Idaho by then, so if you need any help, just let me know. I hope all goes well and can't wait to find out what it is and see pictures and everything. Congrats again!!! xoxo

Javidite said...

Congratulations Ross and Trieste on your future child! That is way exciting.

P.S. Trieste, Steph and I have been there and done that at Lexinton Law. Got to love Rexburg jobs.

Breanne said...

yeah... congrats! I am hoping for a girl! Either way congrats! you got lots of practice in this summer!

Travis, Shantell, and Family said...

I am so excited for you and your hubby! You will be such a wonderful mom! Congrats again

Melissa said...

Triest, I've checked your blog every day since you started it waiting to see this post! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! Hope all goes well!

Leilani said...

Wow! Congrats to both you and Ross. It is weird thinking of you having a baby when I can totally remember you as a baby:) You will be a great little Mommy. Love, Leilani

Melissa Nielsen said...

Yeah for you! That is so much fun. Are you going to find out what it is? I hope you continue to feel good. I never really get sick with pregnancies either. It makes it so much more fun.

Travis, Heather, & Tyler said...

What wonderful news! We live across the street from Ross' parents and I just know that they have got to be ecstatic about this little one! Hope that all continues to go well with your pregnancy! I'm sure you guys will be wonderful parents!!!!

Courtney said...

YAY!!! When are we going to have another roomie reunion?

Lenore said...

Congrats, you guys! I hope you stay feeling well and healthy and all that! It'll be so neat when you hear the heartbeat for the first time! I'm so happy for ya'll! Love you guys!

Jared said...

Hermana Graham! Estoy muy feliz! Congratulations! I was thinking about you today and wondered how life is. Good thing I stopped by the blog to find out for myself :) So no Collegiate next semester then.... :)