6.25.2009

The many faces of Gabey

We all know how much newborns can change in their first few weeks of life, so here's a picture update of Gabey.  Like most new moms, I'm seriously sleep deprived and I don't plan on making a novel out of this post, but I just had to share a few photos of some of the faces Gabey makes.  
This is the "mama's little angel" face


And this is the "dreaming about the next feeding session" face


And here we have the "FEED ME NOW!" face 


And finally, the "quasi-smiling, full tummy" face


Assume the position!


I love this last picture because it explains perfectly the reason for Gabey's new nickname.  He has pulled into this position since the first time I held him, so we rightfully call him our little Tree Frog.  Doesn't he look like one?!  Note his right hand behind his head... he did that on his own.  I'm so glad my mom is here to get pictures of all of this.  I'm so preoccupied trying to remember which side I last nursed him on that I probably wouldn't have all of these darling pictures.  I am so in love with this little boy that I can't think about it too hard or I'll start to cry.  He is the sweetest, most lovable little tree frog on earth, and we are blessed to have him!

*T 

10 comments:

Lorel said...

Umm hello! That is why I got you the present that I got you! You can keep track of what side you fed him last on with that.

He is so dang cute! I love all of his hair! What a handsome little newborn.

Brandon, Jen, and Braxton said...

oh, he is so sweet and cute.

And I used to cry just looking at braxton for the first few months after he was born, they are such precious little miracles.

Just a few more months till the summer is over and we all get to go home!

Maddy said...

OMG he's PERFECT!!!! i love my nephew! I think he looks a lot like you treeface.

Angela said...

He is sweet. Keep taking pictures and sharing them when you can. Sleep when you can seriously! I love that last picture too!

Jessica :) said...

So cute!! I love the Tree Frog position!! I am so happy for you - he is so adorable!! I'm glad everything is going well and that he's here!

Anonymous said...

Triest I love him so much! He is so cute!!

Hannah said...

SO cute. Freaking tree frog. I love that! I would love to see more pictures when you get around to it. My email is hanbanan21@gmail.com

Can't wait to see them! :)

Breanne said...

congrats! he looks soo healthy and happy. what a handsome tree frog. enjoy him... they grow up too quick!

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

He is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to meet him!! I am so happy for you!! Don't you just love being a Mommy? I bet you just love it when he curls up in his "tree frog" position on you chest, that is so sweet!!! Love you tons! Call me some time when you aren't sleeping, feeding Gabe, or changing his diaper:)!!!

Ash said...

He's a perfect baby! Congrats!