6.13.2009

predictions?

Okay, I was going to post about my little vacation to Virginia and Kiawah Island, SC, but my mom and sister took so many pictures that I'd basically be copying their blog posts.  So really, if you want to see pictures of last week's adventures, just go to bretandingrid.blogspot.com (this is totally the lazy way out, but Mom and Maddy already have most of the pictures posted).  I was just so relaxed that I didn't take a lot of pictures (shame on me, I know), but I don't have a baby to take pics of yet and I'm so pregnant that I don't necessarily like being the subject of pictures:)  In a nutshell, the beach was beautiful, my baby shower was a blast (thanks to Maddy, Theresa, and Debbie for hosting and planning, and thanks to all who came!), it was so fun to go "home" and see everybody, and my favorite part was when Ross decided to drive down from Indy and surprise his family.  It ended up being a VERY good thing that he came with the car, because we got a lot of great baby gifts and there is NO WAY I would've been able to take it all home on the plane.  And it was just fun to have him there with me:)  All in all, this vacation can be classified as a complete success!!!

Anyway, now that we've got about 3 weeks left until Baby Gabe comes, I'm curious to see what y'all have to say.  I've posted some pictures of Ross and I when we were little, and it's obvious to see that our physical features are totally opposite.  It'll be very interesting to see who and what Gabey (and the rest of our kids) look like.  Ross is olive-skinned while I'm quite alabaster, and his dark hair is the opposite of my strawberry-blonde locks.  My eyes are big, round, and bluish-grey, and his are smaller and change between hazel and green.  His Graham nose is much more pronounced than my little button, but my square-as-heck jawline is, well, much more square than his longer, rounder face (it's hard to tell in these baby pics, so just trust me).  I like to tell Ross that he has "grub worm" lips because they're plump and juicy:)  Mine, on the other hand, are pretty thin and the opposite of anything having to do with Angelina Jolie.  We do know that Gabey will most likely have big hands and feet (he'll probably just be big all over), and we sure hope that he loves music as much as his mommy and daddy love music:)  As my sister says, "his first cry will have vibrato."  We just have our fingers crossed that this little guy can sing!

So, take a gander at these pictures and let us know what you think... will Gabey come out looking like a Ross Jr., or will we have a fair-skinned carrot top on our hands?  Either way, we already love him to pieces and can't wait until he's here!!!

  




23-ish days to go!

*T  


5 comments:

Maddy said...

i love that pic of you and ross at the top by the way, i always stare at it for a minute every time i come to your blog! Anywho, I have no clue who Gabey will look like, either way he'll be perfect and beautiful!!

MC Wiser said...

Triest! Good luck with your little one. Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst, but know that God is in charge of both. Our little one is almost two months! Enjoy the moment, Enjoy!!

Angela said...

Either way your baby is going to be adorable. He has an awesome gene pool to draw from! I do want to see a picture of you HUGE and BEAUTIFUL!!

Lara said...

I CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM!!! Taylor and I want to take a shot in the dark at what he's going to look like so HERE IT GOES! dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes, big eyes (huge), big bridge nose with little nostrils (of course all baby noses are cute and tiny), smaller lips like triest, and a defined jawline (not as much as triest, but not exactly like ross... so kind of in between) and he will be a chubby, tall top of percentile little boy! and he'll be SO SO SO CUTE!!! we love you guys!

Melissa Nielsen said...

Whoever he looks like I am sure that he will be absolutely adorable as both of you are. Good luck with everything and post one last about ready to pop prego picture before he is born. If you need help, I am not all that far away from you.