6.19.2009

a SLIGHT change of plans...

So I went in this morning for my weekly check up with Dr.Beckwith, and she had scheduled an ultrasound for me before our appointment.  Ross and I were so excited to see our little Gabey again, so we eagerly watched as the ultrasound technician (Rita) put her magic wand up to my belly.  His heart looks great, his little toes are cute as heck, he's weighing in at about 7 pounds... and I'm being induced tonight!  My amniotic fluid level is low, which could cause stress to Gabey when I'm delivering him, which increases chances for a C-section.  SOOO, my doctor said that since he's measuring just fine and I'm past the 37 week mark (I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow), she has no problems inducing me early!  I was a little nervous about his lungs, but Rita pointed out to us that she was really pleased with his breathing.  I wasn't sure what she meant, but then she pointed out his little diaphragm and sure enough, he was breathing!  Or at least practicing breathing, which helps to strengthen his lungs.  And every time she would go back to his lungs after that, he'd still be breathing.  She said she was usually happy to see a baby do it once or twice during an ultrasound, but for him to do it the whole time was awesome!  We knew our little man would have strong lungs! 

Anyway, please keep us in your prayers over these next 24 hours.  We'll post pictures as soon as we can!

*T

9 comments:

Lorel said...

AHHH! So exciting! Good luck, and PLEASE post about it ASAP!

Angela said...

i want to cry I am so excited for you! Good luck to both of you!!! I can't wait to see baby Gabe! You will both do wonderfully!! I will keep your growing family in my prayers today!

Lara said...

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!! AH AND CADEN IS SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!! AND TAYLOR IS SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!! we love you guys so much and can't wait to add another little boy to the family! we're prayin for you! you'll do great ;)

Ginnie said...

I'm so totally jealous of you right now! Hope things go well. Congrats!!

Jenny Ramsey said...

yay!! prayers are with you. and rest easy, caeden was born at 38 weeks and t-totally fine with the lungs! this is awesome, so excited for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe it Triest! I'm in shock! I am so excited for you. You lucky duck, getting induced early. I'm sure everything will go great! Can't wait to see pics and hear how the delivery went!

Andrea said...

Triest, I didn't even know you had a blog and then I randomly discovered it! Just in time too! Good luck and congrats! We miss you!

Brooks said...

Wow... you're handling this better than I did. Ethan was an emergency induction, too. I cried all the way to the hospital and some more once I got there.

Yeah! for babies!! Can't wait to see the little guy! Congratulations!

Justin said...

All nations today are experiencing worldwide prudent emergency and individuals are having a go at all that they can to spare what minimal expenditure they could put something aside for crisis use and for their future. Cash Advance Chicago